* The first upload from any software will permanently erase ALL your pet data on your Adopt-a-Pet.com account, including any adopted pets, adopter info, and microchip info. Please proceed carefully!
* If you were using another software or service and already have AutoUploading setup on your Adopt-a-Pet.com account, please notify that software and disable that software's export to Adopt-a-Pet.com first, so that their files will not overwrite your new files causing errors and your pet to not upload correctly.
First, log in at www.adoptapet.com/login
1. Check AutoUpload Contact
One of your Adopt-a-Pet.com account Pet Publicists needs to have the AutoUpload Contact checked on their My Info > My Pet Publicist Info. They monitor and respond to any errors. As a courtesy to help you with monitoring, our AutoUpload system sends you error email alerts. The alerts includes the first basic troubleshooting step. If that does not help you to fix the error(s) please contact AnimalsFirst or firstname.lastname@example.org. We are here to help!
2. Enable AutoUpload
- Mouse over the "Shelter/Rescue" menu and select AutoUpload/Import Pets
- Select None of the Above and click Continue
- Change all of the options to these...
software: None of the Above
manually added: no
manually edited: no
column headers: yes
import acceptable pets: yes
- Click the "Set Up" button.
- Your FTP username and FTP password will be displayed.
Give both to AnimalsFirst.
Note: If you have multiple accounts/locations, contact AnimalsFirst for assistance. On Adoptapet there is a unique FTP for each account/location.
Please email email@example.com if you need help!