IMPORTANT NOTE: The first upload from any software will permanently erase ALL your pet data on your Adopt-a-Pet.com account, including any adopted pets, adopter info, and microchip info. Please proceed carefully!
If your pets and photos are in ShelterPro then you're ready take these steps:
1. Log in to your shelter admin area and select "Manage My AutoUpload Account" from the Shelter/Rescue menu, i.e. www.adoptapet.com/cgi-bin/shelter/autoupload.cgi
2. Select "Shelter Pro" from the dropdown and click setup. You will then see your custom FTP information to enter into your Shelter Pro software.
3. You need to have at least one admin "AutoUpload Contact" on your Adopt-a-Pet.com account for the uploading to run. That person will get any error emails, not more than once every 12 hours.
(If that is not you, log in as that person to your Adopt-a-Pet.com account.) Click "My Info" and then "My Pet Publicist/Admin Info" i.e.
Check the checkbox for
I am an AutoUpload contact for this shelter/rescue.
Then click the "Update My Info" button.
4. Follow the setups in your Shelter Pro user guide for setting up Web uploads.
5. After you've run your extract and upload, your can use the "test upload" button at http://www.adoptapet.com/cgi-bin/shelter/autoupload.cgi to check for errors, or wait for the error emails.
There are often "mapping" errors during the initial setup, don't be alarmed! See below for links to download the Shelter Pro mapping setup guide PDF and our list of breed and color values an XLS (Excel) file.
We have thousands of accounts uploading and we are here to help, but we can't actively monitor all accounts. As new types of pets are uploaded, new mapping errors can pop up at any time. This is why you are an AutoUpload contact, so you can monitor and fix any of your account's errors.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions!