Shelter Pro software offers automated uploading of your adoptable pets to your Adopt-a-Pet.com account. Their website is www.ShelterPro.com. If you need help with your Shelter Pro software, please contact them directly by emailing email@example.com
BEFORE YOU SETUP
* The first upload will permanently erase ALL your available pets, adopted pets, adopters, and microchip info from Adopt-a-Pet.com. You can use Pet Export and Adopter Export to download and save the data on your computer before you change any settings. Only available pets are uploaded.
* If you were AutoUploading from another software already, FOLLOW THESE STEPS first.
* To upload from Shelter Pro to Adopt-a-Pet.com, you need an email address for someone with your organization who will be responsible for monitoring your uploading for any errors. Errors will prevent your pets from updating or showing up on Adopt-a-Pet.com, and so need to be addressed by you as soon as possible. If you are not the AutoUpload contact, ask that person to log in using their Pet Publicist login to complete the steps below. If they aren't a publicist yet, add them here checking "I am an AutoUpload contact for this shelter/rescue."
READY TO SETUP?
If your pets and photos are in ShelterPro then you're ready take these steps:
1. Log in at adoptapet.com/login
2. Go to Shelter/Rescue > AutoUpload/Import Pets
3. Select "Shelter Pro" from the dropdown and click Continue.
4. LEAVE THE DEFAULT OPTIONS or your uploading will not work automatically!
6. You will then see your custom FTP information. You need to enter it in your Shelter Pro software. Follow the setup in your Shelter Pro user guide for setting up Web uploads. Here's a screenshot of how that might look, your version may look slightly different:
5. After you've run your extract and upload, your can use the "test upload" button at http://www.adoptapet.com/cgi-bin/shelter/autoupload.cgi to check for value errors, or wait for the error emails which have any value and photo errors.
We have thousands of accounts uploading and we are here to help, but we can't actively monitor all accounts. This is why you must have an AutoUpload contact, so you can monitor and fix any of your account's AutoUpload errors.
You may have "mapping" errors during the initial setup. Also if you add new breeds, colors, or other values to your Shelter Pro, new mapping errors will likely result. Not to worry! You can fix them by mapping. See below for links to download the Shelter Pro mapping setup guide PDF and our list of breed and color values, an XLS (Excel) file.
To avoid errors that would block a pet from being added successfully, AutoUpload ignores "Mix" if used as the secondary dog breed (Breed2 aka CrossBreed) value. For the word "Mix" to display on a dog's page on our website, that dog's "PureBred" checkbox in ShelterPro should be blank/unchecked.
Mapping: You can not map dog breeds to "Mix" as a value, but you can map a primary dog Breed (the dog's first breed) value to any of the following values:
Mixed Breed (Large)
Mixed Breed (Medium)
Mixed Breed (Small)
Need more help? Contact Adopt-a-Pet.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org