RescueGroups.org offers uploading of your adoptable pets to Adopt-a-Pet.com, including through their free "Portal" service: www.rescuegroups.org/services/pet-adoption-portal/
* The first upload will permanently erase ALL your available pets, adopted pets, adopters, and microchip info from Adopt-a-Pet.com. Use Pet Export and Adopter Export to download and save the data on your computer before you change any settings. Only available pets are uploaded.
* If you have pets on Adopt-a-Pet.com that you'd like imported (a one-time process) to RescueGroups.org, before you change any settings, ask us for your CSV export.
* Your Adopt-a-Pet.com account needs at least one Pet Publicist checked as the AutoUpload contact. Whoever sets it up will be it initially. To use a different AutoUpload contact, log in as that Pet Publicist and under "My Info" check "I am an AutoUpload contact for this shelter/rescue."
* If you were AutoUploading from another software already, FOLLOW THESE STEPS first.
To set up AutoUploading from RescueGroups.org:
1. Log in to your Adopt-a-Pet.com account.
2. Go to Shelter/Rescue > AutoUpload/Import Pets
3. Select "RescueGroups.org" from the dropdown menu.
4. Leave all the default options and click the setup or update button.
You will see this pop-up warning:
Please read it. Click Cancel if you have pet data that you want to export first, or OK to continue.
5. You will see your unique FTP username and password. It is different from your publicist login.
6. Click the "Email to RescueGroups.org button."
Note: If you click "test import now" you will see a missing file error until RescueGroups starts uploading for you, usually within a few days.
That's it, you're all set!
Tip #1: If your uploading doesn't start within a few business days, check the status of your exports at https://portal.rescuegroups.org/exports look for a green checkmark next to Adopt-a-Pet.com.
Tip #2: AutoUploading is not instant. After the initial few days set up time, changes you make in RescueGroups will show updates Adopt-a-Pet.com within about 4 hours.
Need more help? Contact Adopt-a-Pet.com