RescueGroups.org offers a free multi-website uploading service called the "portal" that lets you upload your adoptable pets to your Adopt-a-Pet.com account and other pet adoption websites. Find out more about their service at
If you have available or adopted pets on your Adopt-a-Pet.com account that you would like imported (a one-time process) to RescueGroups.org, before you chance any settings on your account, email us at email@example.com to request an export. We will mail you a pet export CSV file that you can share with RescueGroups.org.
* The first upload from any software will permanently erase ALL your pet data on your Adopt-a-Pet.com account, including any adopted pets, adopter info, and microchip info. Please proceed carefully!
* If you were using another software or service and already have AutoUploading setup on your Adopt-a-Pet.com account, please notify that software and also firstname.lastname@example.org before proceeding, so we can remove them from your account.
To set up AutoUploading from RescueGroups.org to Adopt-a-Pet.com:
1. Log in to your Adopt-a-Pet.com account.
2. Go to Shelter/Rescue > AutoUpload/Import Pets
direct link: http://www.adoptapet.com/cgi-bin/shelter/autoupload.cgi
3. Select "RescueGroups.org" from the dropdown menu.
4. Leave all the default options and click the setup or update button.
You will see a pop-up warning, read and click cancel if you have manually added data that you want to save first, or OK to continue:
5. Note down your unique FTP username and password. It is different from your account login. Click the "Email to RescueGroups.org button."
6. Make sure your Adopt-a-Pet.com account has at least one Pet Publicist designated as the AutoUpload contact to receive any error emails. Uploading requires at least one to function. To designate one, log in as that Pet Publicist or add a new one, and under "My Info" check "I am an AutoUpload contact for this shelter/rescue."
Your adoptable pets should start uploading from RescueGroups within a few business days!
Tip #1: If your uploading doesn't start within a few business days, check the status of your exports at https://portal.rescuegroups.org/exports look for a green checkmark next to Adopt-a-Pet.com.
Tip #2: AutoUploading usually updates your pets on Adopt-a-Pet.com within a couple of hours of you making changes, but occasionally can take longer. If you made changes in RescueGroups and your pets haven't updated on Adopt-a-Pet.com within 8 hours, please email us at email@example.com for help.