- You need an approved Adopt a Pet shelter/rescue account. Sign up here.
- The first upload will permanently erase all of your available pets, adopted pets, adopters, and microchip info from Adopt a Pet. Only available pets are re-added by your software.
- Optional: Before you setup, use Pet Export and Adopter Export to save your data on your computer. (Your listings can not be restored from these files; just for your reference.)
- AutoUploading requires at least one Pet Publicist checked as the AutoUpload contact. They will be responsible for monitoring & addressing any errors. Errors may prevent your pets from updating or displaying. As a courtesy, if there are errors our system emails them to you.
- Whoever sets up AutoUploading will be it. If you are not the AutoUpload contact, ask that person to log in using their Pet Publicist login to complete the steps below. If they aren't a publicist yet, add them here checking "I am an AutoUpload contact for this shelter/rescue".
Set up AutoUploading:
1. Log in to your Adopt-a-Pet.com account.
2. Go to Shelter/Rescue > AutoUpload/Import Pets3. If you were using another software, select "No/Off" and click update, which reloads the page.
Select "Animal Shelter Manager" from the dropdown, click Continue.
Leave the default options. If you change them, your uploading will not function correctly.
Click the "Set up My AutoUpload Account" button. Your unique FTP info will appear. It will look like this:
2. Copy your FTP info Animal Shelter Manager and check "Enabled." Go to the Publishing tab in your account and copy over the FTP info, then check "Enabled."
That's it! Your available pets should appear on Adopt a Pet within 12 hours.
Fixing errors: Which version do you use?
A) ASM's paid version at Animal Shelter Manager.
- If you add a new breed in Animal Shelter Manager, you need to choose a matching "Publisher" breed to upload it. In your account, go to Settings->Lookup Data->Breeds. Edit any mapped breed by clicking on it, then choose a suitable breed from the list.
- If you don't map a new breed, it will default to Affenpinscher.
- For dogs, you can map your default breed to ASM's "Mixed Breed" publisher breed, which translates to Mixed Breed (Medium) on Adopt a Pet
- Primary breed is required. It can not be left blank.
B) ASM's free open-source version that you download to your computer/server.
Need more help? Contact Adopt a Pet here.