Three steps to set up:
ASM asks you to enter your FTP info. This is not the same as your account login/publicist info. To get your FTP info:
- Go to http://www.adoptapet.com/cgi-bin/shelter/autoupload.cgi
- Select "Animal Shelter Manager" from the dropdown.
- Leave the default options. If you change them, your uploading will not function correctly.
- Click the "Set up My AutoUpload Account" or update button. Your unique FTP info will appear. It will look like this:
|(eight upper-case letters)|
Step 3. Select at least one AutoUpload Contact
You need to have at least one Pet Publicist admin "AutoUpload Contact" on your Adopt-a-Pet.com account for uploading to run. If you are not the AutoUpload contact, ask the person who will be to log in to your Adopt-a-Pet.com account. Click "My Info" and then "My Pet Publicist/Admin Info" i.e. https://www.adoptapet.com/cgi-bin/shelter/publicist.cgi/publicist_edit_form
Check the checkbox for:
___ I am an AutoUpload contact for this shelter/rescue.
Then click the "Update My Info" button.
Your AutoUpload contact is responsible for monitoring your uploading for any errors. Adoptapet will send them an email, not more than once every 12 hours, if there were any errors. Errors need to be fixed for your uploaded pets to display. Please contact ASM to address any errors or see more info about fixing mapping errors at https://adoptapetcom.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202217920-ASM-isn-t-uploading-all-my-pets
- If you add a new breed in ShelterManger.com, you need to choose a matching "Publisher" breed to upload it. In your ShelterManager.com go to Settings->Lookup Data->Breeds. Edit any mapped breed by clicking on it, then choose a suitable breed from the list.
- If you don't map a new breed, it will default to Affenpinscher.
- For dogs, you can map your default breed to ASM's "Mixed Breed" publisher breed, which translates to Mixed Breed (Medium) on Adoptapet.
- Primary breed is required. It can not be left blank.