Step 1. AutoUpload ContactYou need to have at least one Pet Publicist admin "AutoUpload Contact" on your Adopt-a-Pet.com account for uploading to run. If you are not the AutoUpload contact, either add them as a new Pet Publicist or login as them to the account so they can complete step 3. ask the person who will be to log in to your Adopt-a-Pet.com account to complete step 2. Your AutoUpload contact is responsible for monitoring your uploading for any errors, see fixing errors section below.
This is not the same as your account login/publicist info. To get your FTP info:
- Go to http://www.adoptapet.com/cgi-bin/shelter/autoupload.cgi
- If you were using another software, select "No/Off" and click update (this resets it) and reload the page.
Select "Animal Shelter Manager" from the dropdown.
- Leave the default options. If you change them, your uploading will not function correctly.
- Click the "Set up My AutoUpload Account" button. Your unique FTP info will appear. It will look like this:
|(all upper-case letters)|
Step 2. Copy your FTP info into ShelterManager.com and check Enabled
Go to the Publishing tab in your ShelterManager.com, copy over the FTP info, check Enabled.
That's it! Your available pets should appear on AdoptaPet within 12 hours.
- If you add a new breed in ShelterManger.com, you need to choose a matching "Publisher" breed to upload it. In your ShelterManager.com go to Settings->Lookup Data->Breeds. Edit any mapped breed by clicking on it, then choose a suitable breed from the list.
- If you don't map a new breed, it will default to Affenpinscher.
- For dogs, you can map your default breed to ASM's "Mixed Breed" publisher breed, which translates to Mixed Breed (Medium) on Adoptapet.
- Primary breed is required. It can not be left blank.