PetPoint offers a free import to Adopt-a-Pet.com, so as a PetPoint user, your organization's adoptable pets can automatically appear on Adopt-a-Pet.com.
Before you activate your import, verify your Sites and Stages are set up. Click both below to read how:
After that, to activate:
- Log into your Adopt-a-Pet.com account
- From the Shelter/Rescue menu, select "AutoUpload/Import Pets"
- If you were using another software on your account already, set that to "no" and save to deactivate, then reload the page to see the dropdown menu so you can...
Select Software Provider: PetPoint and click "Continue"
- Select "yes" and type in your PetPoint ID and Site ID (see note below)
If you do not use sites, type 0 for Site ID -- that's a numerical zero
(If you use more than one Site for your adoptable pets in PetPoint, each requires a separate location account on Adopt-a-Pet.com. Here's how to set up additional location accounts.)
- Click "Save Import Settings"
That's it, now all you need to do is wait! On new PetPoint setups, our Adopt-a-Pet.com help desk staff is alerted so we can request that PetPoint activate the import data feed from their end. They generally complete that within a few business days. Thank you for your patience!
IMPORTANT NOTE: Once your import is set to yes and saved, that that instantly moves all pets on your "My Pet List" to your "My Hidden Pets" list and you're no longer able to access your Adopt-a-Pet.com My Pet List, My Hidden Pets, or My Adopted Pets. You can still see & download an export of those pets from Pet Export.