PetPoint offers a free import to Adopt-a-Pet.com, so as a PetPoint user, your organization's adoptable pets can automatically appear on Adopt-a-Pet.com.
Before you activate your import, verify your Sites and Stages are set up:
Then to activate, follow these steps:
- Log into your Adopt-a-Pet.com account
- From the Shelter/Rescue menu, select "AutoUpload/Import Pets"
- (If you were using another software on your account already, set that to "no" and save to deactivate, then reload the page to see the dropdown menu so you can...)
Select Software Provider: PetPoint and click "Continue"
- Select "yes" and type in your PetPoint ID and Site ID.
If you do not use sites, type 0 for Site ID -- that's a numerical zero.
(If you use more than one site for your adoptable pets, see below.)
- Click "Save Import Settings"
IMPORTANT NOTE: Once your import is set to yes and saved, that that instantly moves all pets you have on your "My Pet List" to your "My Hidden Pets" list and starts importing. With your import on, you can not access your Adopt-a-Pet.com My Pet List, My Hidden Pets, or My Adopted Pets.
Each of your PetPoint Sites requires a separate location account on Adopt-a-Pet.com. Here is how to set up additional location accounts.
If you have additional questions please contact the helpdesk by clicking the blue Help bubble below, run a search, click "Contact Us" and submit that form.