PetPoint offers a free import to Adopt a Pet, so your organization's adoptable pets can automatically appear on Adopt a Pet.
Before you activate your import, verify your site and stages are set up by clicking here.
Verify that all your pets with photos have at least one that is labeled 1 (not 2 as illustrated below):
After that, to activate:
1. Log into your Adopt a Pet account
2. From the Shelter/Rescue menu, select "AutoUpload/Import Pets"
3. If you were using another software on your account already, set that to "no" and save to deactivate. Then reload the page to see the dropdown menu so you can Select Software Provider: PetPoint and click "Continue"
4. Select "yes" and type in your PetPoint ID and Site ID (see note below). If you do not use sites, type 0 for Site ID (numerical zero). If you use more than one Site for your adoptable pets in PetPoint, each requires a separate location account on Adopt a Pet. Here's how to set up additional location accounts.
5. Click "Save Import Settings" and then you are done!
On new PetPoint setups, our Adopt a Pet help desk staff is alerted and we will request that PetPoint activate the import data feed on their end. They generally complete that within a few business days. Thank you for your patience!
Important note: Once your import is set to "yes" and saved, that instantly moves all pets on your "My Pet List" to your "My Hidden Pets" list. You can no longer access your Adopt a Pet My Pet List, My Hidden Pets, or My Adopted Pets. You can still see & download an export of those pets from Pet Export.