Shelter Buddy software offers automated uploading of your adoptable pets to your Adopt-a-Pet.com account. Their website is www.shelterbuddy.com. If you need help with your Shelter Buddy software, please contact them directly by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org .
BEFORE YOU SETUP
* The first upload will permanently erase ALL your available pets, adopted pets, adopters, and microchip info from Adopt-a-Pet.com. You can use Pet Export and Adopter Export to download and save the data on your computer before you change any settings. Only available pets are uploaded.
* If you were AutoUploading from another software already, FOLLOW THESE STEPS first.
* To upload from Shelter Buddy to Adopt-a-Pet.com, you need an email address for someone with your organization who will be responsible for monitoring your uploading for any errors. Errors will prevent your pets from updating or showing up on Adopt-a-Pet.com, and so need to be addressed by you as soon as possible. See errors section below for more details.
* If you are not the AutoUpload contact, ask that person to log in using their Pet Publicist login to complete the steps below. If they aren't a publicist yet, add them here checking "I am an AutoUpload contact for this shelter/rescue."
Shelter Buddy allows you to enter custom values for certain fields like breeds. If you have custom breed values, you will need to "map" those values to our built-in values, or those pets won't be added to Adopt-a-Pet.com. Un-mapped custom values will generate error emails to you every 12 hours. Your mapping is done in your IMPORT.CFG file that is uploaded by you to your Adopt-a-Pet.com FTP folder using an FTP program.
Here are instructions for editing your import.cfg and fixing any mapping errors: https://adoptapetcom.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/213344657-Fixing-uploading-errors
COLORS & SIZES
Color and size mapping ERRORS will be emailed to you but do not prevent pets from being added. By default Shelter Buddy does not upload colors or sizes, so they will display on Adopt-a-Pet.com as Unknown. To change your default setting, please contact Shelter Buddy.
READY TO SETUP?
1. Log in at adoptapet.com/login
2. Go to Shelter/Rescue > AutoUpload/Import Pets
3. Select "Shelter Buddy" from the dropdown and click Continue.
4. LEAVE THE DEFAULT OPTIONS or your uploading will not work automatically!
6. Your unique FTP login will be displayed. Click
That's it, you're done!
Note: AutoUploading is not instant. After the initial few days set up time, changes you make in Shelter Buddy will show on Adopt-a-Pet.com within 4 hours on average.
Need more help? Contact Adopt-a-Pet.com