Q: How can I add pets so they show up in searches on your website in different locations?
A: Each zip code needs a separate account, and the pets need to be added to that account.
Adopt-a-Pet.com has two types of shelter/rescue "location" accounts :
a) Pets are housed or fostered in that location
b) Pets are transported to that location
Important transport account rules:
- As a courtesy, Adopt-a-Pet.com currently allows organizations that transport pets to create "location" accounts to add their pets in their transport stop zip codes, provided pets are not duplicate listed within 250 miles of each other. (The distance rule is part of our Terms & Conditions that you agree to when you create an account.)
- CURRENT LIMIT IS 4 TRANSPORT ACCOUNTS.
- Each pet's story must also clearly state where the pet is actually located i.e. "This dog is being fostered in Tennessee" so that will show up on partner websites too.
- Each account must explain any transport costs to be paid by the adopter, and your adoption return policy.
TO ADD A NEW LOCATION ACCOUNT
So that you can use the same login and switch between accounts:
1. Login to your existing Adopt-a-Pet.com account.
2. In the "Shelter/Rescue" menu, select "Sign Up a new Shelter/Rescue/Location"
- Pets can not be moved or copied between locations. Each location account functions as a separate account. To "move" a pet, add the pet to that location account, switch to the other location, and delete it from the prior account.
- Do NOT duplicate list the same pets within 250 miles of each other.
If you use software that supports different pet locations, AutoUploading can also be set up on each account. Contact your software provider or us for instructions.
If you need more help, click the blue "help" bubble to fill in this form to contact help desk.