Here's how to embed your Adopt a Pet pet list (all your pets avaialbel for adoption) to your shelter or rescue's WordPress website.
Use the WordPress Plugin
Use Custom HTML block inserter! In Wordpress, if you create a page and see a blue plus sign box on the upper left, you can click it and a menu appears on the left. Scroll down and look for "Widgets". Click on the box for "Custom HTML" then paste this code below into the "Write HTML" box on the right. Click preview and the pet list should show up. It should look like this:
Copy the generated code from here and paste it in the Write HTML... box, and click Preview. If it looks good, click Update (top right) to save!
Use an iFrame! If you have an iFrame plugin in your WordPress theme. Many of the free themes on WordPress.ORG do not allow iFrames.
- You will need your Adopt a Pet shelter account unique ID number. You can see that number on your Pet List Links page here. Look for the number in the links. For example, in http://www.adoptapet.com/shelter1234-pets.html (the 1234 is the ID number).
Go to the WordPress page where you want to add your Pet List. Click the little “world” icon that is for inserting an iFrame.
A box will pop up.
- Click in the box to copy the URL then paste it into the box’s URL field. https://searchtools.adoptapet.com/cgi-bin/searchtools.cgi/portable_pet_list?shelter_id=1234&title=&color=green&clan_name=&size=450x320_list&sort_by=pet_name&hide_clan_filter_p= In the code you copied in the box, very carefully type over to replace the sample number 1234 with your unique ID number. This is a little tricky! You probably will need to click somewhere else in the URL then use your arrow keys to move the cursor to the shelter_id number. Be careful to not type over the "=" before the number or the "&" after the number in the code!
- Make sure “Enable srollbars” is checked.
- Set the width and height to fit your page.
- Click OK and publish or save your page.