Adopt a Pet currently allows organizations to add two types of accounts:
1) Physical location
Where pets are currently housed or fostered, meaning pets who are already physically located in that zip code. Click here to add this type of account.
2) Transport stop
Pets who can be transported to another zip code from your main location. Read below!
Transport account rules:
- All shelter/rescue account terms & conditions still apply (click here to review).
- Do NOT duplicate list the same pets within 250 miles of each other = transport accounts must be more than 250 miles apart.
- CURRENT LIMIT IS 4 TRANSPORT ACCOUNTS.
- Each pet story must clearly state where the pet is currently located, i.e. "Fido is fostered in Tennessee" so that will show up on partner websites too.
- Each account must explain any transport costs to be paid by the adopter, and your adoption return policy.
Add a new transport account:
To use the same login and switch between accounts, follow the 5 steps below. (You can also watch a 52-second tutorial video here.)
1. Login to your existing AdoptaPet account.
2. In the "Shelter/Rescue" menu, select "Sign Up a new Shelter/Rescue/Location"
3. IMPORTANT! In the Shelter/Rescue Name field you must type a unique identifier after your organization's name and include the word "Transport". Example:
4. In the "2. Address (visible to public)" section, type the City, State and Zip / Postal for the transport stop location where you want your pets to appear in search results.
5. Fill out the rest of the form completely, including the About Us. Explain where the pets are physically located and how your transports work in the "Come Meet Our Pets" field. Then click the Add Shelter/Rescue button at the bottom.
You will now be in the preview mode for that new account. We review and approve new accounts within 2-3 business days. You can add pets to the new location account now, while you wait for us to approve it.
Click on Admin Home then switch back into your already-approved account. You need to be in an approved account to add more locations, or to see pets on your other accounts. The Admin Home switch dropdown looks like this:
- Pets can not be moved or copied between locations. Each location account functions as a separate account. To "move" a pet, add the pet to that location account, switch to the other location, and delete from the prior account.
- You will need to maintain each account's pet listings separately.
- If you use software that supports different pet locations, AutoUploading can be set up on each account. Contact your software provider for instructions.
If you need help, fill in this form to contact Adopt a Pet.