Adopt a Pet currently allows organizations to add two types of accounts:
1) Physical location
Where pets are currently housed or fostered = pets are already physically located in that zip code. Click here to add this type of account.
2) Transport stop
Pets who can be transported to that zip code. Read below!
Transport account rules:
- All shelter/rescue account terms & conditions still apply (click here to review).
- Do NOT duplicate list the same pets within 250 miles of each other = transport accounts must be more than 250 miles apart.
- CURRENT LIMIT IS 4 TRANSPORT ACCOUNTS.
- Each pet story must state where the pet is currently located, i.e. "Fido is fostered in Texas."
- Each account or pet story must explain any transport costs to be paid by the adopter.
Add a new transport account:
To use the same login and switch between accounts, follow the 5 steps below. (You can also watch a 52-second tutorial video here.)
1. Login to your existing AdoptaPet account.
2. In the "Shelter/Rescue" menu, select "Sign Up a new Shelter/Rescue/Location"
- Pets can not be moved or copied between locations. Each location account functions as a separate account. To "move" a pet, add the pet to that location account, switch to the other location, and delete from the prior account.
You will need to maintain each account's pet listings separately.
- If you use software that supports different pet locations, AutoUploading can be set up on each account. Contact your software provider for instructions.
If you need help, fill in this form to contact Adopt a Pet.