In 2020 so much of the world changed, including how animal shelters and rescues function in many of their key programs. Many organizations with facilities that used to have open walk-in hours switched to limiting visitors through drive-up and appointment-based systems. Stray animal intake, owner surrenders, pet adoptions, veterinary services, pet food pantries, and more were affected as social distancing and stay at home orders fluctuated around the world.
Below are some of the more popular appointment scheduling tools they use. Many are free or offer free versions:
- Calendly https://calendly.com/pages/pricing
- Google Calendar https://www.google.com/calendar and how to set up appointment slots
- Acuity https://acuityscheduling.com/signup.php
- 10to8 https://10to8.com/product/
- SignUpGenius https://www.signupgenius.com/pricing
- Waitwhile https://waitwhile.com/features/appointments/
- SimplyBook.me online scheduling https://simplybook.me/en/
- PickTime https://www.picktime.com/scheduling-software/pet-services
- Wix bookings (with Wix websites) https://www.wix.com/app-market/wix-bookings
- Facebook Bookings https://www.facebook.com/business/m/book-appointments adds a Book Now tool to your Facebook page. See one shelter's smart use here and screenshot below!