You can use Adopt-a-Pet.com's "AutoUploading" system with Sparkie to automatically add, update, and remove your adoptable pets to one Adopt-a-Pet.com account.
First, you need to be a shelter or rescue with an approved Adopt-a-Pet.com account. If you aren't, please sign up at www.adoptapet.com/signup
Once you've been approved, log in at www.adoptapet.com/login then...
Check AutoUpload Contact
One of your Adopt-a-Pet.com account Pet Publicists needs to have the AutoUpload Contact checked on their My Info > My Pet Publicist Info. That Pet Publicist must monitor and respond to any error email alerts. As a courtesy to help you with monitoring, our AutoUpload system sends you error email alerts. The alerts includes the first basic troubleshooting step. If that does not help you to fix the error(s) please contact Sparkie, or contact Adopt-a-Pet.com by clicking the blue Help bubble below.
If you were using another software, first de-activate that...
1. Mouse over the "Shelter/Rescue" menu and select AutoUpload/Import Pets
That takes you to your current software settings. De-activate (set to no), click "update" to save that change, then reload the page.
Next, enable AutoUpload...
4. Select None of the Above
5. Click Continue
6. Change all of the options to these...
software: none of the above
manually added: no
manually edited: no
column headers: yes
import acceptable pets: yes
7. Click the "Set Up" button.
8. Your FTP username and FTP password will be displayed. Copy them for the next step.
9. Once you have this FTP account info, navigate to the top-right hand corner of Sparkie and select the 'Account Settings' section. Scroll to the middle of that page and add Adopt-a-Pet.com under the 'Third Party Integrations' section."
NOTE: If you have multiple Adopt-a-Pet.com location accounts, you will need to choose 1 account to connect to Sparkie. Sparkie does not support multiple locations.
Need more help? Contact Adopt-a-Pet.com